Featured post

There are many things in life that we enjoy and for some people like me, they love knowing and experiencing new things . Well here am also...

Tuesday 10 January 2017

There are many things in life that we enjoy and for some people like me, they love knowing and experiencing new things. Well here am also a simple person who likes knowing new stuff and mostly about things that can be done on fabrics. I study in a fashion college and as I wrote ‘fabric’ above I think you might have guessed that I am doing Fashion Designing. Well you’re not wrong!
I am in first year of college and of course I am learning stitching and even simple pleats, etc. excites me.

Well, we got an assignment in our college in which we have to read different crafts or designs movements and even folk and tribal art. A detailed research though! To help us in this assignment our college took us for several trips like to the Craft and Hand loom Museum, Delhi and Dilli Haat, where we saw a lot of new things like Warli paintings, Rajwar Hut, Patachitra painting, Chamba Rumal, Bandhej work, we even saw flowers made of seashells!

Well in all this I found a topic which has always interested me that was Resist Dyeing, because I had prior knowledge to it and moreover I always love to learn more about it. Batik and Tie-Dye  is quite popular nowadays. Moreover, as a Fashion student it will surely one day help me in pattern and motif making.
I created this blog to help people get a clearer picture of what these techniques are like. For example, how they were invented to how they became popular, I would try and share with you everything I learn during my journey in this module. After all, Knowledge is better shared then kept!

Please check this page for more information and knowledge. Following is the collage made by resist dyeing techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment